OH! There is so much to tell you! Work alone could take up three huge poster-size pages, but I will spare you work news for a moment and just tell you about today.
HMMM! Everything is going well. There are only 8 weeks left in the school year! Although things are going well, I am looking forward to the end of a long and, in some ways, very hard first year teaching high school ELL English. So many good things have happened this year! But, I'm afraid that topic will wait until later. . .maybe tomorrow.
And, indeed, it is Good Friday! Bring on the endless Church service!
What have I been up to?
Training
I have been training 2-3 times with a week with a trainer from Gold's Gym named Dan. It's been great but the exercises he gives me are killing me! We've just hit one month of training and I have thankfully gained 1/2 pound of muscle! Woohoo! My goal is to increase that over the next month and add a few pounds of lost fat to the list of successes.
Spring Break
I had a wonderful time visiting Misty and Tony and Rafaela Rebelo in the San Francisco Bay area over Spring Break! It was so nice to spend a little time with Misty, and I thoroughly look forward to returning this Summer -- with Wesley in tow -- to enjoy the beach and a few puppy romps with Misty and her dog, Mia! More on this later. (I'm in the middle of the school day now so I need to cut this short!)
In my next posts, I will go into detail about how I'm doing, the units I am currently preparing on Legends (especially Arthurian legends and legendary romances) and the other one I'm preparing on Romeo and Juliet. I will also go into detail about my trip to California, how the apartment house is doing (there have really been some upgrades) and so forth. For now, I must say, adieu!
Elisabeth
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WELCOME BACK!!! We have been dying for a new post for awhile now! Sounds like you are busy but good! It is always so hard to believe how fast the school year flies...I hope you enjoy your last months! I know its been hard...but I bet you have learned a ton and will be raring to go for next year!!! I hope you are taking some time this summer to recoup! Maybe a trip to DC? :) -Sara
That would be awesome! We'll see! If I can't make it, though, I will undoubtedly be sending "Flat Elisabeth" to see the sights for me. (Make sure to take her all through the Smithsonian and to show her Ford's Theatre. She's been dying to see those things.) Congratulations on your non-pregnancy! Er . . .something. :)
Post a Comment