Hello, all!
Now that Monica is having me log here we'll be learning quite a bit about how I feel. Feel free to ignore it if you want.
Well, we had parent-teacher conferences these last couple of days. We had a great turn out of ELL Parents compared to last year! Unfortunately, I've been told there's something going around at school. I'm pretty sure my body has decided to try and come down with it. Between that and cramps, I'm staying home tonight!
Everything is good though. I found this cool video on YouTube. It's a version of Pachelbel's Canon in D arranged by a taiwanese guitarist named Jerry C. In this verison, a guy plays it on a replica Brian May guitar. I love how mellow Brian May's guitar sounds! If you think you might like it, check it out. I know this is my sort of thing, though, so if you don't don't worry about it.
AND, while we're at it, why don't we see the master himself play a lovely little tune with Steve Vai? This is from the 1992 Guitar Legends concert in Seville. I love this little bit. Steve Vai cracks me up too! It's a lovely little part of a song called "Liberty." You can hardly hear Brian May's guitar while Brian is standing behind Steve but, trust me, it sounds beautiful! It has that lovely regal sound Brian is so well known for.
Mike and I ran nice and early before parent teacher conferences started today. Very little else to report. Just sick and working!
Ooo! Deniz sent me pregnant pictures! I can't wait until the babies are born! They're going to be precious!
:) Elisabeth
Friday, November 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Home sick, no fun! I love that your ELL parents made a great showing at PT conferences! Most of mine showed too, which was great - I just sat in with their mainstream teachers, but it was still great to meet most of them. Interesting guitar bits. -S
Post a Comment