Halooo! So, Thanksgiving was really fun and so was hanging out with my uncle, my aunt, and my grandparents all day on Friday. I've been really focusing on getting Christmas completely planned out/as finished as possible this weekend. I spent a bunch of time xeroxing, cutting, writing cards, and applying stamps to envelopes. Now, I am proud to say, just about everyone on my list has a card on the way!
It has been important to me this year to make a Christmas present plan so that I don't buy as I go and end up spending waaaayyy more than I can afford, as is always a concern at Christmastime.
So, here's the holiday plan (since none of the following read this blog, I can publish this plan here)
Gifts:
Mom: A pretty wreath with pictures of her precious family members (found it at Kinkos) Kit is bought but I am waiting for her to choose pictures and get them to me.
Dad: Two new Sonicare electric toothbrush heads (bought today) and a bunch of high-quality socks that my sister and I will go in on together (Really! This is what he wants!)
Emily: A collage of pictures of the family. I hope to start going through the pics tonight after planning. I will have her choose a frame the day we go to find socks for Dad.
Wesley: A new retractable leash (because my mom and dad said they would take him on their hikes if he had a retractable leash), a new electric toothbrush, and some ear cleaner. (All bought today)
My grandmother: A napkin/placemat set that I will embroider as soon as she chooses it off the website and gets back to me.
Misty: a surfer talking "Squirt" doll. (She already has it)
My cousins: a coupon for one free evening of childcare. And for those with no children, gift certificates for gas or individualized inexpensive gifts.
Everyone else: Cards with pretty pictures of YOURS TRULY on them!
Embroidery: My mom looked on selmasyarns.com today and decided that she wants me to embroider her the following placemat/napkin set. I'm glad she chose it. I never would have picked that one for her, because I think it's hideous. Take a gander if you dare:
http://selmasyarns.com/page/SELMA/PROD/tdinner/t204537
I would also like to make her -- ultimately -- this quilt, sham, and pillowcase set. But that would be a VERY long term goal:
http://www.herrschners.com/products/product.aspx?sku=075065
Well, that's it! Gotta get to planning!
Elisabeth
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! I am impressed. WE have not gotten that far in our planning. I am still not fully able to recognize that the first Sunday of advent is in just one week! I guess it is time to get Christmasing! -Sara
Post a Comment