Hello!
Thanks for the feedback, Sara. I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday. I was really down . . .hormones? PMS? Fatigue? I think it could be a mix of all of it. I'm still fighting depression some today, but I'm working on it.
I'm actually pretty much squared away for tomorrow at school. Some of the stuff I need is actually at school. Some is at my apartment, some is at the public library. I'm at my parents' house right now doing three loads of laundry and baby-sitting the turkey, which is baking. When my parents get home (or when the turkey finishes cooking, whichever comes first), I'll be able to go to my apartment and to the library.
Wilhelm told our class once that the hardest times of the year for teachers are the end of October/beginning of November and the end of March/beginning of April. I've notcied that lately: I've just been down. I must just be tired.
The wholistic lady told me to start taking a supplement called Chlorella to replenish some of the nutrients from veggies that get depleted in the stress of my day and in my aversion to eating the veggies in my frig before they go bad. Today after mass I went to the Co-op and bought the kind she recommended. Awf! A 20 day supply for 25 bucks. I'm starting with a low dose. The stuff I bought is supposed to be for my parents and I, but if we do that, it'll be gone in a week. We'll have to figure something out because I'm definitely going to take it.
It was so weird yesterday when the lady was working on me. I could barely feel her fingertips on the back of my neck, but I could feel weird things in my body. Like, I felt something like a wave coming up my spine on the left side, swelling at the base of my brain, and then going back down, just like a wave on the ocean crashes on the seashore and then subsides. She said that that was the fluids going up my spinal cord, but that my right side was so locked there was no way I was going to feel it on that side. Weird. But I don't think what she is doing can possibly hurt, so we'll see how it goes.
What else to say? There isn't much really. Just waiting for my laundry to finish, for the turkey timer to go off, and stuff.
I saw the movie "Troy" last week. Someone pointed out -- rightly -- that that movie serves no function other than to allow the viewer to see a) fighting, and b) Brad Pitt's body. I guess he's right. The point of that movie, I think, is to admire what Brad Pitt's arms, chest, and legs can look like after -- get this -- 6 months to a year (I couldn't find a straight answer on which amount of time was accurate) of spending 3 hours every day in the gym and eating a strict high-protein, low-carb diet, cutting out beer, cigarretes, and everything else he liked to snack on.
Who on earth is going to follow that kind of regimen? You would either have to be a) preparing to play an epic hero in a movie and getting paid dearly for it, b) incredibly arrogant, c) truly in need of some other hobby, some friends, or -- maybe -- a job to take up more of your time ,or d)all of the above. It's false advertising. Distorted beauty, just like that video on Shawn and Sara's blog showed.
Speaking of which . . .my pants are looser. Nice, huh?
I'm gonna go and type up my agenda for classes tomorrow. Laters!
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
a) Looser pants - cool! Way to go!
b) Brad Pitt is lovely, but a whole movie just to ogle? Shame on the film makers!!!
c) I am dying to hear if the supplement changes how you feel on a day to day basis - very interesting
d) Nice work with being done with your classwork for the week!!! Super-dooper!
Have a great week! -Sara
Post a Comment