Friday, December 15, 2006

Hello, My Dear Fans!

Or . . .fan!

I'll have to get my mom to tell some of her friends about this blog.

Well, folks. 1.5 days of school before Christmas Break. I've been noticing that I haven't been eating as healthy lately, drinking a lot of caffeine, etc. I thought about it and I realized why. I am so absolutely tired that when I come home I'm just a useless lump, and I hate that because it makes me feel sedentary and because it gives all sorts of time for my tired ergo depressed brain to think.

So I drink caffeine to make my body want to get up and do something.

And, caffeine makes me nervous so I want to eat, and, for some reason, I always want to eat sweets.

So, no more caffeine.

But it's Friday night. I'm so tired!

I know this goes totally against my MFZ (actually, it doesn't, since I'm mostly just dying of curiosity) but I haven't yet heard from Aron Ralston and I'm getting impatient. Am I getting impatient because it's taking a long time? No. It's still early actually. I'm just an impatient person.

So, as we wait, why not listen to smidgeon of an interview he gave for NPR a couple of years ago? Here's the link:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=3915323

Now I'm just so tired, I guess I'll go watch TV because I don't feel like going anywhere. Viva la Tuesday!

Elisabeth

3 comments:

Shawn S. said...

Hey Lady! YOU ARE TEACHING FULL TIME!!!! It is an energy sucking endevour!!! It is never easy...but it is really a challenge when it is essentially your first year, you have challenging kiddos, and you are recreating your curriculum with very little support! That is TOUGH!!!! No Elisabeth-bashing allowed here!

Look at everything your have done so far! Everything you have learned! How you have held it together! You are almost to a well-deserved break!

Keep it up! Love, Sara - Your favorite fan!

Elisabeth said...

Thanks, my favorite fan!

It is true. I am exhausted. And your ongoing encouragement means a ton, thanks!

What are you guys doing for fun this week?

Elisabeth

Shawn S. said...

No plans yet...although we have talked about seeing the Washington Ballet do The Nutcracker, a stop by The White House for a view of the Christmas decor...we shall see! I have school (first grade subbing) until Thursday! -Sara

PS- I am glad for technology...that I can be of help even this far away!