Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Post Christmas Post

Hello, all!

Christmas was a blast! My immediate family all came to my parents' house and we all gave each other lovely gifts! For my sister I had the collage of the family and an extra frame with some family pictures, for my mom -- and it's sad to say! -- nothing, except the promise of two napkins and two placemats which have not yet arrived in the mail! For dad I monogrammed four handkerchiefs (he didn't like those so much. It's hard to blow your nose on something pretty), and I got him a pair of rubber ice-gripping soles for him to strap onto his shoes when he walks in the snow (a definite winner!). My parents got me some jeans, a coat, a small roll-away suitcase (for when I visit Misty in March), a pair of fleece pyjamas, and an all-in-one car emergency kit. (First aid, a flashlight, blanket, etc.) My sister got me an MP3 player (nice!) and a picture of us as kids in a nice picture frame. It was great!

Wesley didn't care much about his new tooth brush or his new, retractable leash. He was more interested in the Christmas left-overs.

I spent the first week of break doing crafts i.e., working on Deniz' dresser scarf (almost 2/3 done!) and beading ornaments for my cousins. Last week, my mom decided to start beading, so I went with her to the bead store. There, I bought some beads and a book which explained how to make a lovely, easy (it claimed) beaded ornament. I made the first one for my youngest cousin, Jonathon. Jonathon loves BSU football so I made the ornament in blue and orange and I added a little football to the ornament hanger at the top. Well, the beading process is not as easy as the book claimed; My cousin's ornament took me two days. Yesterday, I decided to see how long it would take me to make a second one, since now I knew what I was doing. Without a hitch, the process took a day. Way too long. Even so, the ornaments I have made are lovely, I must say. Following is a totally ripped off picture to show you what they look like.


But my beading days are done for now. I truly need to get back to the grindstone and start mapping out some of next semester's units. I went to school today and got all the stuff I'm going to need. I then came home and, instead of getting to work, I went to coffee Jennifer D. After that, I tried to get some insurance stuff out of the way and I tried to decide how I was going to get down to California to see Misty. At this point, it seems that driving is the only real way I'm going to get there.

Now, I'm sitting here working on my scholarship app for the masters program at Boise State. I'll finish it up tomorrow. It's getting late!

Elisabeth

2 comments:

Shawn S. said...

Yay you crafty little gal! Way to get your Martha Stewart on! :) -Sara

Shawn S. said...

BSU scholarship? Do tell! -Sara