Hey!
It's yours truly! It's been a pretty good week. The planning has been A LOT better. Of course, you never get everything done that you set out to do. Thank goodness there is always tomorrow.
Cool stuffs. On Friday, I got to go out to dinner with some couples from Caldwell I met when I worked there. It was really something different, since three of them were over fifty. It really was fun.
And I got Deniz' dresser scarf photographed! Ryan was nice enough to bring his digital camera to mass today so I got a picture of it for my records. (Thanks, Ryan!) So, Deniz, I should be sending it tomorrow or Tuesday,and I should be posting the picture also.
I'm teaching roots and root words this week in Learning Strategies. They will be lethally bored but you can only do what you can do.
Hyper Static Union
I've been listening to the Christian radio station the past few months on the way to work. I must say, that, most of the time, the songs get old really fast. I mean, let me pull over and hand me a bucket . . .but I keep listening because there are a few songs I really like. The grand prize winner for this year is definitely a song called "Praying for Sunny Days" by a new band called Hyper Static Union. They're a Christian band from Portland, Oregon, and they're just now starting to get popular. It's so cool that they're from so close by! If you're interested in hearing them, try this link
That is the page where you can buy their CD from Amazon.com. If you scroll down to the part where you can listen to samples of the songs, double click on the sample link for "Praying for Sunny Days". I love that song. I've been listening to that sample over and over.
By the way, there are only eight months of shopping days before my birthday. . . :)
Decorating
I got a call from the decorating lady today. Looks like we'll be starting to paint my living room within the week. How cool!
Also, Hubert of Hubert and Petra is going to help me with coffee and doughnuts next Sunday -- and he's going to give the drop cloths and paintbrushes to paint my apartment with. Thanks a million, Hubert! (I'm still trying to work up the courage to steal of picture of Hubert and Petra's family from their website, post it here, and then get flattered if they notice. But, Nah. I don't know them that well.)
Elisabeth
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice and newsy post - just like I enjoy! Thanks for the update! -Sara
Post a Comment