Welcome, All, to the one day of the year when those of us forging the path of adult singleness are most aware that we're without romance!
So, for all you others out there braving Valentine's Day alone, here are some ideas I got from http://thefuntimesguide.com/2006/02/funbeingsingle.php on things to do on Valentine's Day.
"When you're single you have to pick your own roses and count your own blessings."
Source: M.P. Dunleavey
Fun Activities For Single People
So, without further ado, the following activities can be enjoyed solo on Valentine's Day... or any time of the year.
1. GO TO A MOVIE... ALONE. (YES, ALONE!)
2. GO CAMPING... YES, ALONE.
3. TAKE A ROADTRIP.
4. TAKE A BIKE RIDE.
5. TRY SOMETHING NEW, like,
Yoga... there's nothing like it for making you feel great in a short amount of time -- with very little effort on your part!
Snow Skiing... on-site lessons are the way to go. They're cheap, they don't try to humiliate you, and the instructor just might be cute!
Parasailing (ELISABETH'S COMMENT: I SO WANT TO PARASAIL!)
6. COOK UP SOMETHING INTERESTING... LITERALLY.
7. TAKE SOME PICTURES.
8. PURSUE YOUR PASSION.
9. GET A PUPPY... OR, IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A DOG, THEN WALK IT. (ELISABETH'S COMMENT: IF I HAD TO WRITE A "HOW TO BE SINGLE" GUIDE, GETTING A PUPPY WOULD BE ON PAGE 1)
10. CELEBRATE BEING SINGLE.
Whether you choose to have other single people over to celebrate by playing these one-of-a-kind singles games, or whether you prefer to soak in the glory of being single on your own, the goal is simply to make today your day!
Take a How Comfortable Are You Being Single Quiz
Elisabeth's Results:
"36 - 65
You are fairly ensconced in a comfortable single life, although you have your moments when you pine for that special someone. Take heart--your ability to go with the flow only makes you more attractive."
Actually, I have had a great day, and I look forward to a great evening! My folks and I are getting together at 5:30 for a nice family dinner. I think my sister (my chosen special valentine for this year) will be there too. So, I am definitely looking forward to hanging out with them! I'll get someone to bring a camera (maybe) if they can find it!
Does anyone else have interesting Valentine's Day stories? Submit em to me!
Elisabeth
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Despite the fact that I am mot a "single" anymore...I still don't LOVE this holiday. Blech! Whey should there be just one day that you tell people that you love them? No thanks! We keep it pretty low key at our house. I did make my own Valentine to give Shawn this year! He loved it...so that was great! Although when I was single I called it Me day and gave myself some very nice presents!!! Sorry that's not really a V-day story. -Sara
It must be a little early this morning....my spelling in that last post is horrible! -Sara
f
Post a Comment