Sunday, February 11, 2007

Phew . . .Done. Now I can talk

So, today I went a little berserko.

After mass at 9 this morning, the last thing I wanted to do was to come home and devote the rest of my day to planning, since I devote most of every day to planning.

Instead, I went to Home Depot and, as I said before, bought supplies to strip my nightstand. I also looked at Tiffany-style lamps (since I want two). They were about 130 bucks a piece! What a rip off!

When I told the Home Depot employee who was hanging out near the staple guns that I wanted to make my own end tables, he suggested that I go to the local woodcrafter's shop. I did so immediately.

And there, in a little green smock selling woodworking supplies to a customer was none other than Mr. Rudkin! My high school physics teacher! We talked about old times. He explained that he is in retirement. He took me to the shop in the back of the store and showed me the beautiful chair he just finished last night. He had me sit in it. It was so nice! He also suggested that I take some woodworking classes through their shop, and practically made me promise to come back to the shop and see him. He's such an incredible sweetheart. He always was.

So, that was the great stuff today. Plus, I got all the painting supplies from Hubert. I can paint my apartment this week! Woohoo!

:) Elisabeth

1 comment:

Shawn S. said...

Oh that IS something I miss about Boise, running into your old teachers! How great!

Woodworking classes would be very cool!!! -Sara