Monday, August 21, 2006
And so it starts . . .
Today was my first official day as a Meridian School District employee! I got up at six, threw some clothes on, quickly cleaned up the pee Rashi left me on the recliner, and ran out the door to meet Jeff Wilhelm for breakfast at Java. (He agreed to get together with me and spout some ideas about my upcoming classes.) Then it was off to a full day of exciting inservice! I got to sit in a cafeteria with a couple hundred lucky Meridian employees and listen to a presentation about small learning communities and teams and such. It was okay, but by the time 3:30 rolled around I was tired! . . .And, yes, grumpy. (I am still grumpy.)
And, alas, sweet Andromeda died over the weekend! I hate having pets die! So much so that when I started seeing symptoms in my other mouse (Calypso), I took her immediately to the vet. I felt ridiculous with a mouse at the vet in the midst of ailing puppies and kitties, and even a couple of dog owners who had come to put their dog down! (A sadder day I cannot imagine!) But I can't get around my belief system: I believe that a commitment to care for an animal is a commitment, whether the animal costs $3 or $3,000, and you do what you can to keep animals healthy and safe. So, when that means shelling out money to the vet, you suck it up, and then maybe reconsider getting the same pet next time if that money didn't seem worth it to you.
I do intend to start spattering this blog with pictures! I'm afraid I can only get pictures intermittently, though, as I don't own a digital camera and I can only use my parents' from time to time. :)
I'll ask around tomorrow and see what I can do about borrowing one from the school to take pictures around the building. :)
Elisabeth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment