Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Andromeda, Roland, and the Odyssey

Hello, all!

Here I am, searching the net for illustrated copies of Homer's Odyssey that my ELL students may have a prayer of understanding. I got The Children's Homer: The Adventures of Odysseus and the Tale of Troy from the Boise State Library. I'm reading it at the moment and there is no way my kids will get this. Well, I guess I have to work through it all the while asking the key question, "WWSD?" (What would Sara do? I mean, besides put on a toga and act the whole thing out.) The library might have some stuff so I am going to run there before mass at 7.

We finally got my schedule hammered out. Two English classes, two study skills/reading classes, plus consultation and keeping track of several other students. Ha! Like with this load success is humanly possible!

Andromeda's condition hasn't changed, though I have been using a syringe to feed her water and water mixed with some high protein pet food. She has enough energy to walk around a bit and to clean herself of all the nasty stuff I feed her and of that disgusting human smell I leave on her. :)

Well, that's it for now. Later.

1 comment:

Shawn S. said...

I wonder if you can find a graphic novel in print. They are so popular right now and would be awesome for your kids. I guess that is WSWD (What Sara Would Do). Also Usborne does some nice publications for Greek and Roman Mythology...I think!
-Sara