Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Murder Mystery Hoochtacular!








Hello, all!

Well, last night was the night! I had my murder mystery dinner, and was it fun! Emily, Renee, Tony, Clare, Anne-Marie, Aidan, Becky, Joe, Misty, Jennifer, and Nathan all came over and we played Gangster! The apartment looked great and I decorated the bathroom with ladies' lingerie that I bought at the Idaho Youth Ranch, a little I had, and some I borrowed from a friend.
The guests brought the food and there was plenty of it! We ate hors d'oeuvres then had the first round of the dinner. The first round took forever as it usually does. After dinner, we finished the second and third rounds, had dessert, and then finished up for good around midnight. This time Aidan was the murderer! And we all actually accused the right person! That's a first for my murder mystery dinners.

My sister came and, I have to tell you, Emily has the world's best belly laugh. As a little kid Emily laughed hard all the time, and it was a heavy, sincere laugh -- the kind of belly laugh that grabs you from your toes, sits heavy in your stomach, and just bubbles up from there. I haven't heard it for years. Last night, though, Emily's belly laugh was back! It wasn't quite as intense as when she was little but there it was! That's so cool! I thought she had lost it.



I took pictures too! I actually have quite a few pictures to post here but my parents lost their cord to upload the pictures at home so my dad has to do it from work. I'm going to wait until I go to Meridian High's Homecoming game this Friday (I want to take pictures there too) and then have my dad make a CD for me with the pictures on it. I should be able to post them sometime next weekend.

I got paid yesterday and I was thrilled when I found out the amount they had put into my account! Considering the raise I got when Meridian hired me, though, one would think that I would only get about $100 more take-home every month. As it turns out it's more like $300! That's incredible! So, first, I need to check with the district and make sure that they didn't mess up my tax information because I don't want to owe taxes when the time comes. Then I'll have a personal party if they didn't.

But, even so, I used the surplus money this month to pay off my credit card. I just wanted the whole debt gone. This is going to be a very skinny month since the payoff amount cut into what I would normally use to live on. I think I can do it . . .I think I can, I think I can . . .

Then, next month will be SO COOL because I'll have all that money left over. What will I do with it? Well, I think I'll put $200 or so into savings, $50 into my furniture fund, and $250 towards my loan as an extra payment? That would be cool. I have a whole month before then. I'll just have to see.

Pictures soon . . .I promise! (Probably next Saturday)

No comments: