
Hello, all!
It's been a very interesting weekend so far! Last night (Friday), I went to our high school football game. We kicked Eagle High's fanny all the way to the endzone. The final score was 51 to 0! It was a lot of fun, but, as the teacher who shares my portable said, it would have been more fun, "if the other team would play." We had a great time. We, the teachers, sat in a section just full of fans wearing their blue and gold. They ran from just little kids all the way up to full-fledged adults. It was pretty fun!
Then today a ton of stuff happened.
a) My car wouldn't start after having the air running for 5 minutes without the motor on. I thought it was my battery, but, alas, it may very well be my starter! We'll have to see what the final bill is
b) My mother made me throw out my futon mattress because it stinks of cat pee. (Yes. All that enzyme stuff hardly budged the scent.) So, my parents bought a new one when I wasn't looking and put it on my futon! Wow! Ummmm. I feel really bad but it was really nice of them. The new one isn't nearly as comfortable as the old, but it doesn't smell either, so that's nice! Now I have to get rid of the recliner for the same reason. Damn cat! He needs to be able to go outside, because I guess a litter box just doesn't cut it for him. That's why he's living back at my parents' house now.
c) I went to Kelly Lewis' wedding. I had been thinking about making sure I got my parents' digital camera for it, but I forgot completely after my car died! It was like a mini high school reunion. I guess Kelly has kept a lot of the same friends for the last ten years. It was a very grand affair. They filled the whole cathedral with guests, had a reception at a nursery, had a dance floor, a large, catered meal . . .Christine and her family were there too. (Christine has been living far away since college.) It was fun to see her.
If I ever get married, I hope my wedding won't be quite so grandiose. I would want something more intimate and less, ummmmm, I don't know. . . paid for, I guess. More homespun.
But it was fun, and guests enjoyed the free pop, water, and wine!
And what's worse was that the gifts my folks and I bought for Kelly and Young were stolen out of my parents' car right before we went to the reception! Crazy.
I so wish I had pictures to share. Maybe in a few weeks I can get in touch with Kelly and have her e-mail a couple, and I'll post a link to info about the football game when the news is updated!
E
No comments:
Post a Comment