Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday Night at Work

Hello, My Peeps!

It's Friday evening at 6. I'm still at work. It's been a good week. Lots of good work stuff has happened, convincing me that I am slowly getting the hang of this job. (Yea!) Things can only get better from here!

Everything else is going well too. I have decided that I need to have the option of wearing a bikini next summer, so I've been working out and watching my food intake more, and that is going well.

A lot of what inspired me was receiving the Dateline special on Aron Ralston this week in the mail. (The hiker who cut off his arm.) I suppose I didn't really realize how amazing his story was. But, after watching it, it really struck me how the world is: You can be beyond the depths of despair -- I mean, wayyy past the point where there was any glimmer of hope -- all can be lost, and still there is hope. Aron was more than ready to die after six days in the desert with little food and water when just a little change of perspective showed him the way to save himself. His story is really amazing. It's extremely inspiring. It shows that maybe miracles aren't so momentous after all -- they happen all the time.

I've also decided to stop biting my nails. It's weird to see the little bit of white peeping out on the tops of them. That's going well too. I think growing up has helped a lot. There's a lot of stuff I can do now that I was never able to do before, just by deciding to make some simple changes.

And it has been pleasant to finally decide (at least for the moment) that boys and friends (both boyfriends and girlfriends) don't merit the amount of effort I've been putting forth on them. (No offense, anyone. It's an important realization to make because there are more important things than you that need my attention right now.) It's just so nice . . .because, suddenly, it's okay to be alone on Friday night . . .to go to bed at 9 on the weekend. Lately, no one has been around and, y'know what?, That's totally fine! I'm going to take myself out to dinner at my favorite little restaurant tonight and then, we'll see, you never know what crazy thing I'll do. I've even been thinking about organizing my sock drawer because it's been driving me crazy. And, yeah, that sounds pleasant!

I have decided that I'm going to go visit Misty during Spring Break, speaking of friends. While I don't mind spending more time alone, it doesn't mean I don't like people and that I don't care whether they come or go. Thinking about Spring Break makes me miss her less, because, yeah, I really miss her.

So . . .that's about it. I'm awfully hungry. I'm going to head home and treat myself to a burrito.

I'll see you next weekend, Sara! Love you guys!

Elisabeth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! YAY! YAY!!!

Yay to such positive comments about school! Sometimes it takes awhile to get your groove - but now you've got it!!! Oh Yeah!

Yay to your man-free zone!

And Yay to seeing you next weekend!