Hey!
For the last couple of days, I have had a sub at school and I have gotten the opportunity to go with a bunch of other teachers and correct Direct Writing Assessments. I'm really glad I signed up! I have learned a ton and spent some quality time with my co-workers over the past two days. The longer I teach, the more I learn about teaching English, and it's really helping me to develop a sense for what I'm doing. I feel like a more competent teacher everyday!
I'm especially excited because our last day of school is on Tuesday! Yeah! So there are just 2.5 working days until I get some time off!
Other than that, it's just the same old, same old . . .Things are going well. Wesley is freaking out I think because my mom just drove up. I received a Christmas card today from Erica with pictures of her two cherubs -- Paige and Samantha -- on it. How cute!
Later!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY!!! Time off is so great! The teachers here (thus me too) are not out until the 21st! You deserve it...I hope you relax a lot and have some chill out pajama time!
I learned so much when I graded DWAs. it really is the best learning experience! You really get a feel for the many levels of student writing! -Sara
It's so true! And it was fun!
Post a Comment