Hello, all!
This morning was hilarious. I had a school meeting this morning, and at a little teacher's breakfast afterwards, the ELL teacher who was sitting next to me told me that he won't have to go to school tomorrow because he is teacher of the year at his school. Now, I don't know where I got this idea but, for some reason, I have recently had the impression that the Teacher of the Year contest was some kind of pageant, where you express interest and then compete against other teachers for the title. So, when he said that he got tomorrow off, It naturally occurred to me to ask at which point in the competition they were: had he actually won or was tomorrow some kind of teacher swimsuit competition or something as part of the big contest? So, the question came out thus:
"Did you actually get voted Teacher Of The Year or did you just nominate yourself?"
I felt a sharp decrease in the filial goodwill coming from my left side after that.
So, after I had discretely excused myself from the breakfast I spent the next hour cracking up. In my car, back at school, in my classroom. Man, was I loopy! And it was so funny!
Then I taught my classes. That wasn't so funny! O, there is so much work to do! English is going very well -- with a lot of maintenance effort and time -- and Learning Strategies -- Ha! Wouldn't it be nice if that went well too!
So, school has recently ended and I'm not sure what to do: Work or pack it up and go home to work . . .but what if I forget something at school? That wouldn't be good.
But I had better skedaddle lest the loopiness come back!
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
E-The pageant sounds good to me! Would the teachers win a golden apple tiara/crown? Oh, I can see it now!!! -Sara
I don't know. I guess I hadn't thought that far . . .but I can say that the teacher who told me this had a lot of curly hair. He might look good in a sweet little tiara!
I'm having fun imagining the events. . .you could have a student achievement showdown. And a "making lesson plans" relevant race, or cook off, or something. :)
I'm running out of ideas now.
Elisabeth
Post a Comment